Back on that Ugly Horse

After a four month long hiatus, for which I really have no excuse, I'm back on the wagon. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been partying like a rock star for the past four months so I haven't done a ton of damage, but I've only really focused on my food from time to time. I haven't been active in four long months. I think I'll just write it off as a solid hibernation. I'm actually going to continue that hibernation as far as outdoor activities go and pray that Mother Nature finds that bug and pulls it out of her butt and let's our arctic tundra warm up a bit.

With all of that said, I wasn't far off when I said that I felt 2014 would hold a lot in store. I just really didn't envision what the first month of the year actually turned out to be. I lost my part-time job and full time job the same week, three days after I lost my full time job Andy got into an accident at work and broke his ankle badly enough to send him into a 2 1/2 hour surgery. That's only the first half of January! LOL But I'm actually thankful for the timing of me losing my job. It allowed me to be with him when he was going into surgery and help him ever since. His recovery is going really well. Then, to my surprise, on January 23rd he asked me to marry him. I, of course, said yes. So, the second half of January was spent deciding on dates, locations, and letting family in on the big news. To say I'm excited is an understatement. And now I have motivation!!!!

In just 30 weeks I will be walking down the isle of a very small, outdoor ceremony at the end of his dad's apple orchard and marrying the man who healed my heart and became my best friend over the past two years. To say I'm happy is an understatement. Now I want to be happy AND stunning on my wedding day.

So, back on that ugly horse I go. Back to eating realistically instead of feeding my stress and emotions (oh, but I'm sooooo good at it!!!). Back to a healthy body inside and out. It is absolutely amazing how quickly your body turns to mush when you stop running and being active. I haven't gained much weight, but everything fits differently. Until my girls night out filled with margaritas, chips, salsa and other yummy Mexican food, I had been toying with the same five pounds for a year now. I can't complain much... no major gains that weren't corrected. And no much progress lost. :)

Here we go again... trying new recipes, adjusting my frame of mind, taming those awful cravings, and getting my hiney in gear. I'm hoping to start running soon, but for now I decided to see what Jillian can do with me. I started Ripped in 30 today and WOW! I am out of shape!!! I took my measurements, tomorrow I'll take some pics and I'm ready to do this.

Oh and I forgot to mention... the wedding dress has been purchased. :) It was the first dress I tried on. I tried on a few more, but went back to the first one in a smaller size and knew it was the right one. So... I'm all for taking it in a bit... but there will be no letting it out!!

Comments

Popular Posts