Out with the old, in with the new

Year that is! Hard to believe another year has come and gone. It hasn't been a hugely successful one on the weight loss front, but it hasn't been a complete disappointment either. Funny enough, my last weigh in was EXACTLY what my final weigh in was for 2012. So, nothing lost, but nothing gained either. I probably gained a bit with all we've been eating this week, but my scale is out of reach for another couple of days... and I'm enjoying enjoying myself. :) Honestly, this year wasn't about weight loss as much as it was just finding my stride again. A fun year, full of memories, and lots of good times. Unlike last year... not as much battling the bad, but a lot more enjoying the good. It was a great year!

So... a year in review. What five events from 2013 bring a smile to my face? That's easy...

1. My big girl graduated from kindergarten!!!

2. Our family grew and we went on a couple road trips. :)


3. Andy and I got away for a weekend of fun together & a few weeks later he surprised me with the best birthday I've had in years!


4. My baby girl started school (3 year old kindergarten) & my big girl started 1st grade at a new school.

5. I made a bunch of new memories in all of my activities... from hockey, to softball, to running! Including watching my sweet Emmy Lou cross the finish line of her first real race!!




Like I said, 2013 was an awesome year!!

With that said, I believe 2014 holds a lot more in store for me and my crew. Lots of possibilities are hanging over our heads waiting to see if they become reality or another swing and miss. But either way... I'm so excited to see what new things this year holds in store for us.

With all that said, I'm also back on the wagon and getting things back on track. It's amazing how caught up you can get in the parties, gatherings, goodies, and dinners out this time of year. I'm definitely ready for our lives to get back on our normal schedule.

Happy New Year Friends!!! If you have hopes and plans for this year... get out and make them happen. Don't let anything, including yourself, stand in your way. It's absolutely worth it in the end. :) I'm still working on my 2014 goals, so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts