I'm seeing stars!!!

Well, last week I was seeing stars anyway. LOL I got my 10 pound star & my 5% star both last week at my meeting. Unfortunately, there's no meeting this week due to the wonderful winter storm that has decided to camp out in the tri-state area the last three days. UGH! But back to my stars...

I find myself having mental battles with myself. While I'm happy to have hit the 10 pound mark and reached the first of Weight Watcher's recognized goals, I also find myself saying, "Yeah, but I'm still 6 pounds heavier than I was last spring." It's a vicious self-defeating attitude. I've lost 10 pounds. WOOHOO!! I haven't been this low for about 6 months. That's a success. My clothes are fitting better and some are even getting loose again. So, why is it so hard to just enjoy it without dissecting it? Hmmm...

I am happy to report that I survived Thanksgiving with minimal damage. Even though there's no meeting today, I did weigh in and found that I was down a touch more than last week. We'll have to wait until next Wednesday for the official word on that one. :) But, one more temptation-filled holiday down...

Honestly, I went into Thanksgiving telling myself I would allow myself to eat whatever at those meals, but behave myself the rest of the time. I wasn't 100% fantastic about that deal, but I didn't do too bad either. It seems that everywhere we turn this time of year there is candy falling into the cart, goodies at work, temptations calling your name every single time you turn around. GAH!!! Unfortunately, I think my willpower may be hibernating for the winter because I haven't been able to resist as much as I usually do, but I have also allowed myself to enjoy in moderation. I think that is my motto for the rest of the year... enjoy in moderation. Yup! Sounds good to me!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. If you overindulged, don't let it get you down. Just dust off and keep going. Three weeks till Christmas... there's still plenty of time to do some damage or at least control what damage can be done!

Comments

Popular Posts