Let the fun begin!!

I have officially started training for my 2nd half marathon! I had a little hiccup with being sick most of last week, but I'm back in the saddle this week with 7 miles down in just two days! WOOHOO!!!

I'll back up a bit though... the week before last I got out for two runs. The first one I was actually scared to do. The last time I had run I had dealt with the side pain immediately, so I was intimidated and really didn't want to head out the door to accept complete failure and the fact that I would not be able to do the half marathon. Imagine my surprise when I ran a full three miles PAIN FREE!!! I concentrated on keeping my pace steady, my breathing under control and TA-DAH!!! A few days later I got out for a longer run with a friend and although the side pain did appear, I kept it to a minimum using the same techniques. This week... both runs again, pain free. I'm liking the way this is going. I keep my pace VERY regulated. No starting fast, no speeding up, no ending faster than I started... just a steady 10:30-11:00/mile average and all is right with my running world. Thank goodness too because I have been welcoming the freeing feeling I get once I'm done. It's like I run away from all of my frustrations, worries and stresses of the day. Ahhhhhh!!!

Anyway... this one is short and sweet. I wanted to update, but it seems most days slide away faster than the last. I still can't believe school starts in three weeks and I will be dropping my BABY off with my 1st grader this year! How did that happen?? Don't tell anyone, but a part of me is also very excited to have both in school now (I should explain that the little one is in all-day everyday preschool this year).

But before then... I have a few fun weekends planned (with and without kids), more short runs and a few long runs. The best part... roping running buddies into going with me. I love running with friends and this year I have been able to add a few new ones. I cannot wait until this year's Whistlestop! Unfortunately, my plans are a little up in the air while I wait for the verdict on what is causing the side pain. I finally went in for my physical and my doc immediately decided on getting an ultrasound of my gallbladder. I'm not surprised and she's not the first to suggest that that may be the culprit. I just really hope it doesn't put a damper on my race plans! We shall see. Until then... have I ever mentioned how badly I suck at being patient and watiting???

Comments

Popular Posts