Mother Nature Hates Wisconsin Runners!!!

I'm almost sure of it!! Second race of the season is under our belts now, but not before we had a raging blizzard that spewed several inches of snow in the area. I don't think I can ever remember a time when schools in the area had to have a snow day so close to tax day! The storm started on Thursday morning and didn't give up it's hold until Friday mid-day. Thankfully, the sun came out for about an hour over the three day stretch and that hour was right when the race fun was taking place. I guess Mother Nature took pity.

Anyway... it turned out to be a good race, but when I run with friends I always have a great time! I wasn't in this one to set a record, so it was a relaxed, fun run! It reminded me how important those runs are once in a while when you are in constant competition with yourself.

I've been very thankful for my training this spring once I got it under way. I've been teaching myself how to lap swim and I'm considering joining the masters swim class (basically adult swim lessons LOL). I've been running here and there and hitting the bike once in a while. It's been a new experience being able to change it up. Not to mention I've been skating 1-2 times a week in preparation for this weekend's hockey tournament. All of the above are really helping me deal with the stress of still not being able to find a job, dealing with issues regarding my kids, the divorce and every little fun piece that comes with co-parenting and all of the other little stressors that people deal with in everyday life. It is true that there is no cheaper form of therapy than exercise!

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my food choices under control and I'm not burning enough calories to be as naughty as I have been! LOL Too much fun, food and beer lately for this girl. But I wouldn't change it one bit! I have one more big event coming up where food will not be the friendliest options, but I plan to bring some fruit and veggies for refueling! :) This annual hockey tournament is something my team looks forward every season and we're hitting the road on Friday. I can't wait!!! For those in the Twin Cities area... we play at the Blaine Sports Complex at 1:20 and 7:10 on Saturday. Feel free to stop by, catch some action and say hi. Shoot me a message so I know to watch for you though.

After Blaine, I have no more excuses and the clock is ticking. The triathlon is 3 months from yesterday, I have several races planned, and its summer time... I want to rock the swim suit this year!! I promised someone close to me that I would support them and their goals by kicking my butt back into gear so we can motivate each other to keep up the good work. He's off to a faster start than me! LOL But after watching several friends do the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred lately, I think that's where I'm starting. A daily workout and working in my trialthon training. No worries... it starts slow with a 30 minute run, bike or swim every other day for the first few weeks, so I won't be overdoing it and the variety will hopefully prevent burnout.

The last 15-20 pounds are the hardest to lose and so far I've proven that to myself. It's not going to happen on it's own and it's not going to happen if I only do it half-heartedly. So, it's time to step it up. My goal is to hit goal and start maintaining by my 34th birthday. I did some serious damage last year by my 33rd birthday... I'd like to do that again this year! :) So, here goes!!!

Here's my request from my readers... Do you have any recipes or snacks that are you go-to's when behaving yourself? I need to shake things up a bit and keep them exciting. And I need to go back to keeping track on MyFitnessPal.com. Nothing keeps me more accountable than seeing how many calories I can eat vs. how many I DO eat! Throw me some ideas!!!

Comments

Popular Posts