Giddyup!!

Yup, time to jump back in the saddle. I've taken a long enough hiatus. So... I've been trying to get myself motivated to get moving again. I jumped back on the food wagon and started journaling and watching my portions again. It paid off! I hit the 45 pound mark!!!! It took me three months to drop five pounds, but at least I didn't gain during the holidays. :)

Since the scale is my friend right now, I decided to rebuild some other old relationships... starting with my treadmill. Since the Northland weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate with my training plans, I have to figure out other options. I started the Couch to 5K (C25K) program half heartedly a couple of weeks ago, but realized with my first race date in just over 5 weeks, it's time to get serious! I have a lot of training ahead of me and only good things to benefit from it.

I've also realized that I'm missing my training for emotional reasons. Running last year was the best therapy I could have asked for during a very stressful time of my life. Now, with being laid off and all the fun that comes with that and trying to have a life... it's time to go back to that therapy! So, bring it on!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts