One year later...

What a difference a year makes! One year ago today I followed through with one of the biggest decisions of my life. I moved out of the house I shared with my ex. It wasn't the first time I left, it was the first time I had the strength to stay gone. And it was the beginning of many more changes to come over the year.

Over the past year I have rediscovered myself. As corny as that sounds, it's also very true. I started doing things that I enjoyed again, repairing friendships that I had sacrificed, and focused on making my life what I wanted it to be. I achieved a lot of goals and learned that I had strength I didn't even know existed.

In that year I have also made a physical transition to match my mental and emotional changes. I can't thank my friends and family enough for their support and encouragement over this past year. Without them, I know that I wouldn't have been able to make the changes I did. This blog has been a huge part of my progress as well. Having a place to come and share and know that I'm reaching others who may be finding inspiration in my journey is huge. When I've hit walls, both have kept me going even when the going has been extremely slow. Thank you!!!

I'm excited to see what this year has in store for me. I've learned that a few weeks, months and even a year can make a huge difference in my life, but in the end I'm the one who controls what type of difference it makes. This year I'm excited to continue my journey toward improving myself and my life and have officially started taking the steps to achieve new goals I have set.

Today was my first run of 2013 and it went pretty well! I've decided to start the C25K training program again just like I did this time last year. I was happy to see that it wasn't nearly the challenge it was to get going as it was last year and I am starting at a much faster pace. Next step after this 6 week program is to begin my swim training for the sprint triathlon in July. This will be a big hurdle as I am a less than experienced swimmer and it will take a lot of effort to get to where I need to be by then! Much like last year, I welcome the challenge! :)

Anyway, I've finally updated my progress page with my one year measurements and pictures. I'm proud of my progress and it's motivating to see how far I've come and know just by looking at them that I can reach the rest of my goals!

Comments

Popular Posts