Shake your booty!

Hi all! I'm still here and still on track - for the most part. It's amazing how many birthday parties there are in the summer months. OY! But I get right back on track after some treats and stay as healthy as possible at the events.

So, why the title? Well, I've found a new fun exercise. Actually, the actual exercise isn't new to me, but the method is. Before I got pregnant with Abby, my mom and I would go to a local dance studio and do Zumba classes. They were a blast, but my knee didn't really enjoy the constant side to side motion. It's an awesome workout though and you can't help but feel energized after you've done it. Well, a couple of months ago I convinced my mom to buy Zumba for the Wii and last week I snatched it from her. :) Okay, I asked first. WOW!! What a workout!! And in the privacy of my own home.

I cannot dance. I mean CAN NOT dance. I look like I'm drowning and I'm nowhere near water. But I try and I enjoy it. So, today I had to take the afternoon off of work to wait for the internet repair guy (who never came by the way) and after 2 hours of him not showing up I threw caution to the wind. If he was going to catch me flailing about like a baby bird thrown out of the nest, so be it! And I had FUN!!! I was sweating and shaking my hiney like no tomorrow... definitely not something I need others to be seeing right now. My heart rate was up and I was challenging myself to get a better score with each dance. I love competition!!

So, if you have a Wii and you like to dance, this one's for you. It's kind of like singing... if you can't sing worth a darn, but enjoy doing it, you usually rock out in your car or the shower or wherever someone isn't likely to catch you doing it. Same goes for this game. You can shake you booty like J-Lo and no one will be the wiser. Warning though... don't eat before attempting this feat because you will get a raging side ache! And if you have kids, I have a feeling the big ones may laugh, but the little ones will probably join right in. Pefect way to get the whole family moving!

Anyway... that's my product endorsement for today.

On a personal note... I'm sad to report that I had managed to gain back a total of 12 of the 17 pounds I had lost. UGH! So, I'm working my way back down again. As of my Friday weigh in I was down 4 and I'm shooting for a few more this Friday. My goal of making it to a certain point by Abby's first birthday were completely and totally missed by miles, but now my new goal is to lose lose lose so I can go shopping for new clothes for my birthday. :) I also bought a promotional card for a local massage place today with the plan that each time I lose 7 pounds I'll go in and get a 30 minute massage. I have 4 visits to use in 4 months, so that means I'd better get a move on! That's just shy of 2 pounds a week and totally attainable at my current weight, but it'll take some hard work on my part.

Oh, and I completed my first 5K of the season last weekend. Next one will be done WITHOUT children. UGH!! My youngest hates the stroller and my oldest thinks she can run for 3 miles straight. Yeah, sorry hunny, but that just ain't happenin'. So, about 1/2 way through, Daddy had lapped us and finished his race, so I dropped the kids off with him on my 2nd lap and finished strong with my mom. It was fun to push and motivate her since I knew I wasn't going to break any of my own speed records with such a bad start. My next 5K will be at the end of the month. I'm planning to run The Midnight Run which is exactly what it states. I'm a night owl, so this is more up my alley than those people who think races need to start at 8:00 in the morning. Like my hubby's for instance, his 1/2 marathon starts at SIX A.M. What the heck??? I told him we'll catch him at the finish line! LOL

Happy June everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts