Major achievements and product rave!

Thank you, again, for your patience everyone! The past few months have been stressful, but the end result was so worth it. As of this past Friday my hubby and I are officially college graduates!!!

It still seems unreal to think that we don't have any more classes to take or assignments to turn in. This has been our life every single week since October 2008. The only break we got was 10 weeks last summer - the summer before we decided to keep on truckin and took a full load (what were we thinking??) - and that was mostly due to the arrival of our Abby Kate.

So, commencement is May 15th, but we decided not to attend. The girls wouldn't sit through it and our babysitter is my mom, so half of the people we would want there wouldn't make it. Instead we're going out to dinner next weekend for a private celebration and to thank the parents for supporting us through this. If it hadn't been for my mom and dad, it wouldn't have been possible at all. They watched Emilee every Monday & Thursday night when we had class on campus from 5:30-9:30. Then this past year my mom still took Em overnight one night a week so that I could hit the books earlier in the evening (since Abby goes to bed so much earlier than my stubborn Emmy-Lou). Neither of us could have made it through without the support of all of our family and friends and if you're reading this... THANK YOU!!!

What did I do to celebrate the completion of three years of college education? I took a road trip with the girls of course! Actually, I hit the road with my mom and her two best friends to run a 5-mile race. With little time to do anything but school work the past few months and battling through pneumonia, I didn't think I'd survive a 5-mile race, but I didn't want to back out. I'm so glad I didn't! I managed to run the entire first mile and from then on I alternated between running and walking. I officially completed the entire 5 miles in 1 hour and 6 minutes!!! I wasn't quite up to my time from the 5K I ran two years ago, but since I haven't run a single race since then I'm pretty happy with my time. Plus, it gave me the motivation to get going and improve my time for my next race.

That leads me to my next little "free advertisement." My daughter's school holds an annual 5K the last day of school to raise money for school programs. The race is Friday, June 3rd at 6pm. If you register by May 18th you get a t-shirt with your registration. I've heard it's great fun with concessions and people of all ages participating. Here's the link to the Facebook page for locals who are interested in getting more information https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=200322323340073

Beyond all the race fun, I'm proud to say I'm at my all-time low and just 2.8 pounds from the 20 pound mark! I am so motivated to get there!! I'm also just 6.3 pounds from my first 10% goal. Weight Watchers really focuses on certain successes as part of their program. When you attend meetings you get stars for each 5 pounds you lose (just little stickers, but acknowledgement for your success), a keychain when you reach your 10% goal and then little charms for your keychain after 16 weeks on program, at goal and at lifetime. I've got a long way to go before I get to the final two goals, but I'm creepin up on that 10% mark. And since I'm not in meetings and won't get a keychain, I'm trying to come up with a personal reward for hitting 10% and/or 25 pounds (since they are only 2.5 pounds apart). I'd love suggestions (and affirmation that I'm not talking to myself! LOL)

Now, to wrap this up... here's my product rave of the day. I loved these when I was on WW the first time around because they were a great snack, versatile and low in points. Plus, they're just YUMMY! They come in Original, Garden Vegetable (my fave), Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil and Cheddar Cheese - although I haven't found the last two in any stores around here yet. Oh yeah, did I mention that you get 15 crackers for 2 points?!?!?


These are fantastic alone, with some veggies for the mid-day crunch cravings, or with some deli turkey or Laughing Cow cheese wedges. Mmmm!!! And for those unfamiliar with Laughing Cow - YOU GOTTA TRY IT!!! Check the little island coolers in your deli area where they keep the soft "fancy" cheeses. Another low point, AWESOME, treat. I love to eat those with pretzels too. Okay, so I gave two product raves. Here's the Laughing Cow Cheese for those who haven't seen them.
Alright, I'm done rambling! Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Many hugs to those who couldn't be with their mom's this year or who are still dreaming of one day holding their own child in their arms. For some Mother's Day is beyond painful and I know all too well how that feels, so sending tons of hugs to those of you reading this with broken hearts this week.

Remember... drink your water and set your goals. Even if you don't achieve them, celebrate setting them and heading toward them. So many don't even attempt to start the process!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular Posts